Last updated on January 30th, 2023 at 05:44 pm
What is the best cat litter in Germany? Read this article to learn about the best cat litter brands in Germany.
I have now lived with a cat for a few years and have tried and tested almost every available cat litter brand in Germany. My favourite cat litter in Germany is a mix of plant-based and clumping litter with a cat litter deo. This is the only way I have been able to achieve a ‘no-cat in the house’ state.
If you are a newly arrived foreigner and wondering what are the best brands of cat litter in Germany here are some of my tried and tested recommendations.
Plant-Based Cat Litter in Germany
This cat litter in Germany is made from natural materials. It can be composted at home as well as safely disposed of in the toilet, but please make sure to read the product description and your local regulations before flushing cat litter in the toilet.
Cat’s Best Original claims to be the first cat litter in Germany that combines natural materials and hi-tech. It is completely natural and contains no chemical additives. Cat’s Best cat litter can stay in the litter tray for up to 7 weeks making it also quite cost-effective.
Their product description states that the refined active wood fibres absorb liquids and odours immediately and encapsulate them deep inside.
Made from renewable and certified raw materials, Cat’s Best litter is fully biodegradable. Not only it is better for the environment but also provides a natural cat litter solution for cats and humans.
Cat’s Best Original cat litter at a glance:
- Strong clumping cat litter
- Made from refined wood fibres
- Natural and without chemical additives
- Odour-binding & absorbent: absorption up to 7 times the litter weight
- Efficient & economical: a 4.5 kg/ 10 L bag lasts up to 7 weeks
- Gentle on paws and parquet flooring
- Easy to carry and store – up to 50% lighter than betonite litter
- 100% biodegradable & compostable: individual clumps can be disposed of directly in the household toilet or organic waste bin (please confirm your local garbage disposal regulations)
- Sustainable and made from PEFC-certified wood secondary raw materials
Greenwoods understands your cat’s business!
Greenwood is 100% natural, clumping cat litter made from plant fibres that do their job perfectly and are safe and gentle on sensitive cat paws.
Not only is it super absorbent and fast-acting, but it’s also biodegradable. Just scoop it up and flush it away – that’s all. It also claims to produce very little litter dust.
Greenwoods cat litter at a glance:
- 100 % natural plant fibres
- Economical and long-lasting
- Safely traps odours
- Very little dust
- Gentle to kitty paws
- Biodegradable and disposable via the toilet (please confirm your local garbage disposal regulations)
- PEFC certified
Super Benek Corn Cat Fresh Grass is an innovative cat litter in Germany made from 100% natural, plant-based materials.
No chemicals have been added either, making this product compostable and biodegradable and convenient to dispose of in the household toilet.
This cat litter is also a particularly efficient odour neutraliser and has a mild but pleasant scent of fresh grass. Due to the natural scent, the litter is very well accepted by cats.
Super Benek Corn Cat Fresh Grass at a glance:
- Natural clumping litter for cats
- Made from 100% natural, vegetable material: compostable and biodegradable
- Disposable via the household toilet
- Extremely absorbent, liquids are absorbed immediately and form compact clumps
- Efficient odour neutralisation
- Comes with the scent of fresh grass
- High acceptance rate by cats
- The spread of the litter outside the litter tray is reduced due to the texture
World’s Best Cat Litter Low-Tracking is a lightweight cat litter in Germany.
This cat litter is 99.9% dust-free and consists of a coarse granulate, which means it does not stick to the cat’s paws and spreads around the house. World’s Best Cat Litter Low-Tracking is made from vegetable fibres and comes without chemical additives as well as artificial fragrances. Nevertheless, it has excellent odour control and binds liquid in solid clumps that you can easily remove with a scoop.
World’s Best Cat Litter Low-Tracking at a glance:
- Natural litter for the cat litter box
- Environmentally friendly: made from 100% natural plant fibres & corn,
- Absorbent: quickly forms solid clumps, easy to remove with a scoop
- Clean environment: coarse-grained for less adhesion to paws, 99.9% dust-free
- Excellent odour control: binds bad odours very fast
- Practical to use: lightweight & very economical
- Safe for humans & cats: no artificial fragrances or chemical additives
- Biodegradable and suitable for disposal in the toilet
Almo Nature Cat Litter is a natural, highly efficient cat litter made from vegetable fibres.
This revolutionary cat litter is made of vegetable fibres which ensure very fast clumping results. At the same time, enzymes reliably neutralise unpleasant odours. It clumps very quickly, reliably neutralises odours, is compostable or flushable in the toilet, and is non-toxic and gentle on paws. Almo Nature Cat Litter is free from dust, silica, clay and synthetic chemicals.
As Almo Nature Cat Litter is completely natural, non-toxic and biodegradable, it can be disposed of in the compost. It dissolves quickly in water and can therefore also be easily flushed down the toilet!
Almo Nature Cat Litter at a glance:
- Natural litter for cat toilets
- Made from vegetable fibres: highly efficient with fast clumping action & excellent odour control
- Compostable: environmentally friendly, fully biodegradable
- Flushable in the toilet: uncomplicated & hygienic, clumps dissolve quickly in water, no risk of clogging
- High absorption power: liquid is quickly combined into a solid mass
- Odour control: enzymes neutralise unpleasant odours
- Dust-free & non-toxic: without dust, silica, clay & synthetic chemicals
- Soft on paws: especially gentle, even on sensitive paws
- Economical to use: compacts liquids on the surface in no time, remaining litter stays clean and can be reused, only about 500 g per week* needed
Odour-Controlling Cat Litter in Germany
Odour-controlling cat litter in Germany use a range of ingredients to help deal with an odour problem, such as carbon, silica gel crystals etc. Here are some of my favourite odour-controlling cat litter in Germany.
Biokat’s Micro Classic is a high-yield cat litter in Germany. The absorbency of this cat litter is up to 300% and the brand claims that one-litre Biokat’s Micro Classic binds at least three litres of liquid.
This cat litter is very economical to use and an absolute must for every cat owner who also values quality for money. The litter forms flat lumps, which makes it even more productive. Despite its fine grain, the litter is almost completely dust-free!
Biokat’s Micro Classic cat litter at a glance:
- 1 litre Biokat’s Micro Classic binds at least 3 litres of liquid
- 300% absorbency
- Extra fine grain size
- Maximum odour binding
- Almost completely dust-free (99.8%)
- Gentle on paws
- Environmentally friendly production
- Made in Germany
Professional Classic Active Carbon was specially developed to ensure lasting freshness in the litter tray.
The high-quality cat litter in Germany consists of premium bentonite, which is characterised by high absorbency and is almost dust-free.
Professional Classic Active Carbon cat litter is enriched with activated charcoal to optimally bind unpleasant odours. This activated carbon is made from coconut shells, a renewable raw material produced in a CO2-neutral way.
Professional Classic Active Carbon is also well suited for cats with sensitive noses, as the clumping litter is free from artificial fragrances.
Professional Classic Active Carbon cat litter at a glance:
- High-quality litter for the litter tray
- 99% dust-free: for more cleanliness around the litter tray
- High absorbency: absorbs up to 380% of liquid
- High quality: made from premium bentonite
- Contains activated carbon: acts as a natural odour filter and reliably binds bad odours.
- Strong lump formation: facilitates cleaning, lumps can be easily removed with the litter scoop
- Also for sensitive noses: lasting freshness without the addition of artificial fragrances and perfumes
- Economical: particularly high-yield products, economical consumption
- Made in Germany
The popular Tigerino Canada Style is extremely fast-clumping cat litter in Germany! It is also particularly fine-grained and extremely low in dust.
Tigerino Canada Style cat litter is made of natural clay and is free of any chemical additives. It also effectively binds unpleasant odours.
It is available in various variants such as fragrance-free, baby powder, white rose and lemongrass scents or the scent of freshly cut grass, lavender, vanilla or almond milk & honey as well as in the alternating limited editions cherry blossom and winter rose scents.
Tigerino Canada Style clumping cat litter at a glance:
- Particularly fine natural clay granules with an extremely high yield
- Much more productive than conventional litter due to particularly high absorbency
- Clumps immediately and very strongly
- Extremely low dust
This Ever Clean® Fast Acting Odour Control clumping litter is designed to quickly and efficiently remove unwanted odours from your cat’s litter tray.
It contains a unique blend of different plant extracts that ensure 60% more odour blockers are released in just 3 seconds when your cat uses the litter.
Ever Clean® Fast Acting Odour Control is the perfect choice for smaller living spaces as it helps stop odours in their tracks before eliminating them with activated carbon technology, rather than just masking them.
Ever Clean® Fast Acting Odour Control cat litter at a glance:
- Clumping clay litter with a unique formula that isolates and eliminates odours in a flash with a blend of plant extracts.
- Releases 60% more odour blockers within 3 seconds and is the ideal odour control solution
- Eliminates urine, faeces and ammonia odours in small spaces.
- Unique activated carbon technology traps bind and actively reduce odours instead of just masking them.
Intersand Classic cat litter comes with an exclusive and patented triple action (TRIPLE ACTION™) that eliminates unpleasant odours extremely effectively.
This cat litter in Germany also exudes a subtle baby powder scent when it comes into contact with liquid. Thanks to the extra firm and quick lump formation, your cat’s droppings can be easily removed. The very high absorbency of approx. 350% also ensures extremely economical consumption.
Intersand Classic cat litter with baby powder scent at a glance:
- Premium clumping litter for the cat litter tray.
- Easy to clean: with extra firm clumping, easy to remove.
- With TRIPLE ACTION™: patented triple action to neutralise odours.
- With baby powder scent: exudes a pleasant odour
- 350% absorbency: reliably absorbs liquid, economical & economical
- 99.9% dust-free: for a clean environment
- Does not stick to paws: less spread in the home
- Pure natural product from Canada: completely safe for humans and cats
- Recommended by vets
Perfume-Free Cat Litter in Germany
Perfume-free cat litter is a great choice for anyone, human or cat averse to scent. I strictly use perfume-free cat litter because one of the first brands that I tried for my cat triggered a new allergy for me. Here are some of my recommended scent-free cat litter in Germany.
If your cat is also a sensitive cat, the clumping scent-free cat litter from Sanicat is a good choice. It reliably controls bad odours and is odourless itself.
The coarse-grained structure of the litter prevents the granules from sticking to the paws, so they are less likely to be spread around the home.
This cat litter also does not form dust and leaves no deposits. Sanicat unscented cat litter in Germany comes to you in paper packaging made from biodegradable material – perfect for those who care about the environment.
Sanicat clumping cat litter fragrance-free at a glance:
- Mineral clumping litter made from bentonite for the cat toilet
- Fresh and hygienic: oxygen-based odour control, binds bad odours
- Fragrance-free: ideal for sensitive cats and humans
- Easy to clean: forms clumps that can be easily lifted out with a scoop
- Clean paws: coarse granules hardly stick to the cat’s paws and therefore do not spread easily
- Low dust: no dust formation, no dust deposits
- Soft on the paws: especially pleasant for your cat
- Paper packaging: biodegradable material
Biokat’s Diamond Care Sensitive Classic cat litter is perfect for cats that don’t like the smell of the litter.
It consists of pure natural clay, is fragrance-free and does not contain any chemical additives – perfect for allergy-suffering kitties and humans. Natural activated carbon ensures strong odour binding.
This cat litter forms firm, flat lumps that can be easily lifted out with a scoop when cleaning the toilet.
The fine-grained litter does not stick to the paws and does not spread around. Biokat’s Diamond Care Sensitive Classic cat litter is 99% dust-free and also contributes to a clean environment.
Biokat’s Diamond Care Sensitive Classic cat litter at a glance:
- Clumping litter for the cat litter tray
- Natural activated carbon: made from coconut shells, highly effective odour binding and absorbency
- Stable, flat clumps: particularly easy to remove from the litter tray, high-yield product
- Fine grain: hardly sticks to paws, spreads less in the home
- 99% dust-free: for a clean environment
- Made from purely natural clay: free from chemical additives
- Environmentally conscious: CO2-friendly, paper packaging
- Made in Germany
PeeWee wood cat litter is made from 100% sawdust from Swedish spruce and Scots pine. In addition, no fragrances, glues, binders or other chemicals are used in the production process.
This wood pellet cat litter is a natural product that is completely biodegradable and compostable. It can be disposed of in the organic waste bin without any problems and is harmless to the health of humans and animals.
This odour-free cat litter in Germany is also dust-free and ensures that your cat’s paws stay dry and clean. This prevents unpleasant odours and keeps your home fresh and free from dirt or layers of dust.
PeeWee Wood Pellets at a glance:
- 100% natural wood litter for cat toilets.
- Sustainably produced: from sawdust of Swedish spruce & Scots pine, a waste product of the timber industry
- Fully biodegradable & compostable: environmentally friendly disposal in the bio bin possible
- No artificial additives: free from fragrances, glues, binders & other chemicals
- High absorption power: absorbs liquids quickly & reliably
- Neutralises ammonia odour: prevents unpleasant odours in the house
- Dust-free: for dry & clean cat paws
- Free from leaves & bark
- Harmless to health: free from chemical additives, heat added during the manufacturing process kills possible germs & insects
- Can be ideally combined with the PeeWee cat toilets: an environmentally friendly & comfortable toilet system
Classic Eco Cat clumping litter is made from plant fibres. It is a plant-based alternative to conventional cat litter in Germany, completely biodegradable and can easily be disposed of in compost or organic waste.
The granules in this cat litter have a low weight, but still, absorb a lot of liquid and unpleasant odours.
Classic Eco Cat clumping cat litter is also wonderfully suitable for sensitive cats thanks to the neutral smell, the soft texture of the granules and the extremely low dust.
Classic Eco Cat plant fibre clumping litter at a glance:
- Clumping litter for the litter tray
- Purely vegetable: completely natural granules
- Against bad odours: the plant fibres absorb unpleasant odours in a natural way, ensuring freshness without chemical additives
- Solid clumps: quickly forms stable clumps that are easy to remove
- Biodegradable: compostable and environmentally friendly
- Neutral smell: no acceptance problems for cats with sensitive noses
- Hardly any dust: no dust cloud when filling, also suitable for cats with allergies
- Soft granules: especially gentle on paws
- Low weight: for easy handling
- Made in Germany
Super Benek Corn Cat Natural is an innovative cat litter in Germany made from 100% natural, vegetable material. No chemical additives are used in this cat litter either, making it compostable and biodegradable and convenient to dispose of via the household toilet.
The litter is also characterised by a particularly efficient odour neutralisation, bad smells are immediately and totally absorbed. Thanks to the texture, the litter does not stick to the cat’s paws and spread outside the litter tray. The neutral odour also ensures the best acceptance by cats.
Super Benek Corn Cat Natural at a glance:
- Natural clumping litter for cats and small animals.
- 100% natural vegetable material (corn): compostable and biodegradable
- Disposal via the household toilet
- Particularly absorbent: liquids are absorbed immediately and form compact clumps
- Efficient odour neutralisation: unpleasant odours are perfectly absorbed by the litter, for a pleasant indoor climate
- High acceptance by cats: Thanks to the natural inherent odour of the litter
- The spreading of the litter outside the litter tray is reduced due to the texture
Disclosure: Some of the links contained in this article are affiliate links, meaning we receive a small commission for any sales resulting from these clicks. This has no bearing on the price of the product or service. Thank you for supporting us – we appreciate it!